Sunday, January 16, 2011

"The Christmas They Never Had"

                                          (Arlington Cemetery 2008 wreath-laying)

This year (2011) will be the 20th anniversary of wreaths going to Arlington National Cemetery from the Worcester Wreath Company,
and if you check out the Wreaths Across America website  you will see that they have permission to lay wreaths on  All 330,000+ graves this year

This will of course be a Huge undertaking....so the time to start spreading the word about this is Now.

Please go by the website, read more about this theme of "The Christmas They Never Had" and what Wreaths Across America hopes to do this year.....and then pass the word along, please!

I know in 2008 my husband and I went to Arlington to participate in the wreath laying there, and it was an unbelievable event to be a part of.  I think that year there were only about 10,000 wreaths?  so I can only dimly imagine what it would look like to have the entire cemetery covered......but I feel certain it would be beautiful!

No comments: