Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's Wishes for 2011


Comments by ZingerBug.com

For 2011, I found this poem (unable to find the author) that expresses best my wishes for all of you:

May you have enough happiness to keep you happy.

Enough trials to keep you strong.
Enough sorrow to keep you human.
Enough hope to keep you thoughtful.
Enough failure to keep you humble.
Enough success to keep you eager.
Enough friends to give you comfort.
Enough faith and courage in yourself to banish depression.
Enough wealth to meet your daily needs.


Enough determination to make each day a better day than yesterday.
 
----------------
and for my wishes for myself? I liked this poem by Edgar Guest.
 
A New Year's Plea
 
Lord, let me stand in the thick of the fight,

Let me bear what I must without whining;
Grant me the wisdom to do what is right,
Though a thousand false beacons are shining.

Let me be true as the steel of a blade,
Make me bigger than skillful or clever;
Teach me to cling to my best, unafraid,
And harken to false gospels, never.

Let me be brave when the burden is great,
Faithful when wounded by sorrow;
Teach me, when troubled, with patience to wait
The better and brighter to-morrow.

Spare me from hatred and envy and shame,
Open my eyes to life's beauty;
Let not the glitter of fortune or fame
Blind me to what is my duty.

Let me be true to myself to the end,
Let me stand to my task without whining;
Let me be right as a man, as a friend,
Though a thousand false beacons are shining.
-------------------
Wishing All of You  Happy New Year!

and Thank you, for stopping by my little blog,Dear Readers :)

No comments: