Monday, May 23, 2011

Surfing the Web..

Time for another 'surf' of the web for items I think folks might find of interest..

it was pretty much a given that I'd include this link :)
Surf therapy helps U.S. veterans recover from war

This great story from the Richmond Times-Dispatch
Personal military histories are too important to forget

led me to this website I hadn't come across before
Together We Served

and also reminded me of the Library of Congress Veteran's History Project

along the same lines, a story from the local Staunton News-Leader

pointed me to yet another book to add to my 'want to read' list
Treasures from the Attic: My Father's Letters, 1944-1945, from the States and aboard ship in the Pacific


Via Army Strong Stories ,some West Point Cadets and Faculty Members are traveling across the United States, here's the post about it  and here's the itinerary


Things to Do

Stars & Stripes is again offering free Father's Day Messages

Off The Base passes along two opportunities
 Calling on Kids to Create Artwork for Deployed Military
and
Send a Deployed Service Member a July 4th Thank You



Lastly .....with Memorial Day coming up, wanted to pass on that Pete Damon has a
New Painting to Honor Memorial Day - 5/22/11


That, my friends, is the 'surf'!

No comments: