Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The 2,996 Project

What is 2,996?

From the link above:
Project 2,996 is a tribute to the victims of 9/11.
On September 11, 2006, more than 3,000 bloggers joined together to remember the victims of 9/11.
Each year we will honor them by remembering their lives, and not by remembering their murderers.

------------------------
With only 38 days left until September 11th......as of this posting, there are only 216 bloggers signed up to remember a victim of 9/11.........the list of 2009 participants is HERE

While I know so many of us said " Never Forget " immediately after September 11th....there are those who are now saying "Isn't it time to move on?"

Well, that choice is up to you........however, I Can tell you that I Meant it when I said "Never Forget"....and in 2006, when Dale Challenger Roe first came up with the idea of a 'blogburst' honoring and remembering the victims of 9/11,
I learned about 3 of those victims whom I now carry in my heart, and remember their families and friends in my prayers

Jonathan Neff Cappello

John Patrick Salamone

Gerard (Jerry) P. Moran

because I participated in Project 2,996,

and in 2007, I learned the names and a little about the lives of two more of the 9/11 victims
Yuguang Zheng and Shuyin Yang

because I again participated in Project 2,996

In 2008, I was privileged to learn a small bit about the life of another 9/11 victim
Catherine Carmen Gorayeb

In 2006, and 2008, many bloggers joined in to do just the same, you can see the list of their tributes on the Project 2,996 website Here and Here
-------------------
There is Still time left, to receive the name of one of the victims of 9/11 to honor and remember, and learn just a small bit about the Life they lived, and share it with others in the blogosphere.

If you think you'd like to sign up to join Project 2,996 this year......go HERE

(and please...help spread the word about this to other bloggers.)

No comments: