Saturday, August 08, 2009

Came across several new-to-me blogs...thanks! to Doc in the Box

So last night I peruse Sean's post about he and his bride's 4th anniversary
4 Year Anniversary in San Francisco
(and belated Happy Anniversary wishes to both he and his bride! :)

and he posts a link to a Navy "IA" (Individual Augmentee) blog.....which sent me on a troll of all the links listed on the first blog, and so on to all the links listed after that....you know how it goes, you start out in one place online and the next thing you know, you've been reading blog posts for several hours,lol.

anyway, came across a hilarious post on one of them that had me FOTCL ("falling out of the chair laughing" :) ....from In the NARMY now....... Narmy Strong

nice to see that there's plenty of good blogging still going on, from both Iraq and Afghanistan, and yes, even one from Djibouti......and I learned that there's a whole world of Navy IA bloggers out there, who knew?

so, thanks! Doc in the Box ,for including the first link that sent me on my way reading :)


If you're interested in checking out the links? (and yes, I submitted them to Milblogging.com , because that's just what 'milbloggers' do,LOL, they tell other milbloggers about new military blogs) ....in no particular order, here they are.......

Djohn's Djibouti Djournal


Uncle Cobs joins the Narmy


Deploying in a "Sea" of Sand .....


bellevuepete


In the NARMY now


Highland Sailor


There's sand in my...


Kickin' through the sand


3rd time,new country


All these folks are quite interesting, and it's a privilege to be able to read about the jobs they are doing.....Thank You! to each of you, for your service......and, for blogging about it, so we can share a bit of your journey!

1 comment:

K-Dubyah said...

Hey Kathi! How you be? Hope you are well and enjoying the summer. <3

I sooo know how it is on clicking on those links that soon take you on a tour of the blog-o-sphere... I'm addicted. LOL!

Funny, but I think I have most of those you listed already on my bookmarked page. The list just keeps growing longer and longer.
But I love 'em and the guys who write them. They give us a much needed view of the happenings of 'in-country'.