Sunday, December 27, 2009

Well.........darn......

One of the hallmarks of being a nurse,lol, is that you always know your weekends off about a year in advance (because quite often, one of the hallmarks of being a nurse is that you Work every other weekend:)

so today, I decided to check to see what my weekend schedule was for the month of April 2010.....because that's the month of the Milblog Conference (April 9th and 10th)
and also the month of the Face of America Bike Ride which my daughter and I have volunteered at for the past several years (April 23rd thru 25th)

you guessed it.......both of those are scheduled on my weekends to work.......darn!

2 comments:

K-Dubyah said...

Oh Noes!!! Switch, trade, take vacation!! You can't possibly miss the confab or the bike ride! Seriously Kathi, I won't go if you don't.... hows that for some guilt??

LOL

I do hope that you will be able to rearrange your schedule so we can see your pretty face at both events. :)

Unknown said...

LOL....well, there is the chance that if one nurse retires? I'll have to switch to her weekends, opposite of mine.....

you can't take vacation for your weekends unless you have coverage,sigh.....and no one ever wants to trade....

we'll see....if I have to choose only one weekend I can get time off? it would be for the bike ride, my daughter and I have volunteered at that the past 3 years.

at least there's plenty of time till April:)