Friday, June 11, 2010

Yet another reason I love the Internet:)

After I had posted about my Dad's brother Bill  , I received an email from the webmaster for the
87th Infantry Division Legacy Association  and I've been able to learn a little more about SSGT Bill Daley's service and unit (future blog post on that), which I thought was very cool!! and my Dad and family greatly appreciated,also.

This isn't the first time this has happened, when I had written a blog post several years ago about my
Granddad's WW II service  , I received an email from the son of a shipmate of Grandad's, which brought to our family a picture and some more history about the ship that Grandad had served on, which was priceless information to us, since Grandad had passed away in 1966 (and I was 6 at the time, so it had never occurred to me at that point to ask any questions of him about World War II)

I had also posted before about my aunt Lynn's service in the Vietnam war with the 91rst Evac  and ironically, that is the post  for which I've never really received any response. I was just surprised, I'd have thought there'd be more Vietnam era veterans online than those who served in World War II?
(so, just in case there is someone out there who may have served with her, or thinks they may have passed through  Phu Hip as a patient at the time she was serving, I'll once again post that she served with the 91rst Evac from '67 to '68 in Phu Hip right outside of Tuy Hoa.....you can click on the link at the beginning of the paragraph for the full story I posted about aunt Lynn's service during the Vietnam war) 

However, receiving the responses we have, about Grandad's service previously, and then this new information about my uncle Bill, is exciting enough! and yet another unexpected reason I love the Internet :)
------------------
Future posts coming.....but this weekend we are celebrating our youngest graduating from high school, yay!

No comments: