Thursday, February 10, 2011

Woot! Best Valentine/Anniversary Gift Ever from..

Best Husband in the World, of course:)

Tony surprised me today with ELEVEN books from my Amazon Wishlist

(yes, I know all the 'cool kids' have Kindle's or Nook's, but I'm still 'old school' so far :)

the books are:



The Nightingale of Mosul: A Nurse's Journey of Service, Struggle, and War

Northern Disclosure


Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption


With the Old Breed, at Peleliu and Okinawa Summary | E.B. Sledge | BookRags.com

No Time for Fear: Voices of American Military Nurses in World War II

Biggest Brother: The Life Of Major Dick Winters, The Man Who Led The Band of Brothers

Simon Johnson& James Kwak's13 Bankers: The Wall Street Takeover and the Next Financial Meltdown [Hardcover](2010)  ('brother recommended:)

(WAR) BY JUNGER, SEBASTIAN(Author)Twelve[Publisher]Hardcover{War} on 11 May -2010

and then there are three that I read a Long time ago, and actually loved so much that I bought the set for my brother as a gift,too, and then somehow both our sets got lost along life's highway....good science fiction, and although I've since discovered there's a 'prequel' book....I first fell in love with just the trilogy and Yay! I finally have it again:)

Tripods Trilogy (The White Mountains / The City of Gold and Lead / The Pool of Fire)

(you know, I've often thought this would be a good set to send to someone deployed)

so, now I just need to finish reading
One Dog at a Time: Saving the Strays of Afghanistan  (from my Christmas gifts)
and then start on my Valentine/Anniversary gifts:)

oh, and in case you were wondering?
I apparently bought Tony a set of some kind of tools,LOL, for his Valentine/Anniversary gift
 which was also a surprise to me! :)















1 comment:

mamaparlette said...

I prefer old school books. There's something to be said about turning the page yourself. Plus my sister in law is a librarian. I think I'd be ousted from the family if I ever owned a "kindle" type of thing! Good for you...enjoy!!