Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Burn Clinic in Scania Shutting Down

Only 3 weeks after I blogged about the Burn Clinic at CSC Scania that was being run by military volunteers for children, comes the news that the clinic will be shutting down in 2 to 3 weeks.

Made a Difference for That One blogged it Here (h/t to Deb for alerting me to his post) and so I emailed Jimmy Compton (jimmycompton@gmail.com )to confirm, and just received this email from Jimmy

Yes, it's true. We have maybe two to three weeks before the doors are shut. I will make sure your package gets delivered.

Thank you so much for doing what you could in the short amount of time.

Jimmy

I didn't ask Jimmy the reason for it shutting down, and it seems strange that as recently as July 2, there was this Defenselink news article about the clinic, with no mention of it shutting down?

But I wanted to spread the word about this.

Thanks to all those who tried to pass the word along.

(and if you know more about the closing, let me know.)

No comments: