Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Wednesday Hero Year 3 Part II

Last week marked the 3 year anniversary of the Wednesday Hero blogroll .
Chris over at Right-Wing & Right Minded first started the Wednesday Hero posts in '05 and 'took the post public' and began the blogroll in '07, so that others could join in posting them every Wednesday.

It's been an honor and privilege to be a part of the blogroll, and I thank Chris so much for extending the privilege of posting on a weekly basis about our heroes to so many other blogs, my own little blog included.

Because of working extra hours , I totally blanked on putting together the annual slideshow that I send Chris each year for the anniversary until After his Anniversary post

but he has kindly this week sent out that slideshow to the members of the blogroll, so I include it again here





On the first year anniversary of the Wednesday Hero blogroll, the idea just popped into my head that a review of the year's posts in pictures would be a nice way to mark the anniversary. And so I put together a slideshow and sent it to Chris
The One Year Anniversary of the Wednesday Hero Blogroll


After the slideshow I made for the second year anniversary
Sept.1-Two Years of the Wednesday Hero Blogroll

Chris very kindly asked if I'd like to continue to do this every year for the anniversary.

My apologies to Chris, and the Blogroll members, for Not remembering to get the slideshow done in time for the anniversary post.........(next year, I have given Chris permission to send an email jogging my memory that the anniversary is coming up once again.)

Sometimes, the simplest ideas are the best ones.....and that's how I view Chris' Wednesday Hero posts........every Wednesday, he makes it possible for bloggers to highlight a Hero that we might never have known about, and makes it possible for so many others on the web to view that Hero also.

Thank You, Chris, for coming up with the powerful idea of the Wednesday Hero posts, and Thank You, for extending the privilege to all of us who belong to the

Wednesday Hero Blogroll
(for a listing of all the blogs that participate in the blogroll? you can go here )

2 comments:

Clara said...

Kathi, I must have joined the blogroll just after the last anniversary as this is the first slideshow I've seen. What a wonderful idea. I love Wednesday Hero. My week would be incomplete without it. Thanks for this review.

Unknown said...

Thank you,Clara, for your kind words:)