Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Tagged" as a "Bookworm :)"

One of my good online buddies, KY Woman at Little Drops...into the Pool of Life
has 'tagged' me for the "Bookworm Award".

The rules are:
Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences. The CLOSEST BOOK, NOT YOUR FAVORITE, OR MOST INTELLECTUAL!

ok, here's mine:

"Now, after an otherwise easy flight, Earwood wonders if he has a broken airplane on his hands. The radio frequency has become much quiter than usual, and the controllers aren't answering some of his calls. He's wonderfing if his radios are malfunctioning when a controller calls and directs him. "Midex 7, contact New York Center on 128.57."

This was from one of my recent library books
Touching History: The Untold Story of the Drama That Unfolded in the Skies Over America on 9/11 by Lynn Spencer

which was a really informative book.
----------------------

Now, here's the part where my passing on the 'tag' usually turns out about like the Tupperware parties I used to try and have, LOL(no one shows up:)
but I'll pass it on to 5 folks anyway...you can play along,or not, as you like:

1. my sister Tracy, at A Red Thread to China

2. friend Robin at Random Threads

3. my fellow 'Angel' friend over at View from the 8th Floor

4. my Australian Angel friend (who needs to blog more,lol:) at The 3 Amigo's
(update: she posted too, right HERE
Thanks:)

5. and Sean over at Doc in the Box (who is the most voracious reader I know!) and yay,he participated...as you can see HERE


Thanks, Ky Woman....this was fun!:)

1 comment:

Robin said...

You do realize that the closest book to me are thinks like computer manuals and the dictionary?! If I'd read this last night, however, I would ahve at least had my daughter's Biology book as the closest book...... lol